Sunday, February 6, 2011

Roasted Vegetables

Today, I planned a nice dinner with a pork tenderloin with a Carribean jerk rub and wanted to do bright vegetables since pork is the other white meat.  I decided on roasted sweet potatoes and carrots.  They were delicious and super easy.  This is how I did it... Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.  I peeled a sweet potato and cut it into chunks.  Then I washed and cut carrots (not peeled) into sticks about 2 inches long.  I put the vegetables in a baking dish and coated them with a small amount of olive oil and put them in the oven.  Every 15 minutes, I turned them with a spatula so all sides would be browned.  After 1 hour they were bright, full of flavor and extremely tender.  Then I immediately cooked the tenderloin at 425 degrees for 28 minutes and checked the temp to be 146 and took the tenderloin out to rest and to carry over cook.  Teamed up with a green salad and rolls, a dinner that was delicious.  As we say in the pork business, a delicious restaurant quality meal at a fraction of the cost.  Until next time...
-Lady Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment