Sunday, April 3, 2011

FRESH HAM

It has been a mystery where to find fresh ham.  After spending this past week in San Francisco and visiting Chinatown, I decided to visit the Asian Market on 9000 S in Salt Lake just East of the I-15.  Sure enough, fresh ham, but called leg meat at only $1.99/lb.  I used a Herb De Providence Rub and cooked it at 425 degrees until 148 degrees and removed it from the oven and let it rest just like I would cook a tenderloin.  The reason I did this is because the meat is very lean and didn't want to overcook it.  I then made a delicious crimini mushroom sauce and the dinner was delicious.  I also served roasted vegetables - potatoes, carrots, onions and radishes.  Leg meat cooks up a lot like the loin and tenderloin.  Fresh leg meat is a great option for pork lovers who also have to watch their sodium intake.
Until next time...
Lady Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment